|If you can't see this message please use this link|
June 28, 2012
For Immediate Release
Supreme Court’s Decision on ‘Obamacare’ Sets the Debate for November’s Election
Make no bones about it, the new tax foisted on Americans will kill job creation! This tax increase is the largest tax increase in the history of the world.
Five Supreme Court Justices today decided to not impartially rule on the case – i.e. execute their solemn Constitutional charge. They instead decided to serve as five more Affordable Care Act, 'ObamaCare' lawyers - and create a brand new argument to unconstitutionally "justify" the ObamaCare mandate.
Charlotte Bergmann, U.S. Congressional candidate for Tennessee 9th District states, “I am disappointed in the Court’s ruling today. ObamaCare will stand as a massive tax on Americans. ObamaCare will add Trillions to our national debt, deter future job growth, and force thousands of individuals out of their existing health care coverage. The choice in the upcoming election couldn’t be clearer."
“Congressman Steve Cohen voted to pass ObamaCare and continues to support it. If elected, I will vote to repeal ObamaCare and replace it with real reforms that put patients and doctors in charge, create more choices for consumers and actually drive down the cost of health care.”
Bergmann then voiced her support for the following market-oriented reforms to health care:
• Make health care expenses and health insurance 100% tax deductible for individuals
• Create more choices through market reforms, including the ability to purchase insurance across state lines
• Aggressive medical malpractice and legal tort reform
• Preserve and protect Medicare through patient-doctor choice, not government cuts that deny seniors services
ObamaCare’s negative effects on job creation and U.S. citizens.
• Starting in 2013, Medicare payroll taxes increase 0.9 percentage points for people with incomes over $200,000 ($250,000 for couples filing jointly). Also, people at this income level would pay a new 3.8 percent tax on investment income. The 10-year tax increase: $210.2 billion.
• Starting in 2018, a new 40 percent excise tax on high-cost health plans, so-called "Cadillac plans" (over $10,200 for individuals, $27,500 for families), kicks in. That's a tax increase of $32 billion in 2018 and 2019.
• Starting in 2014, a new annual fee on health insurance providers begins. Total estimated 10-year tax increase: $60.1 billion.
• Starting in 2013, the floor on medical expense deductions on itemized income tax returns will be raised from 7.5 percent to 10 percent of income. That's estimated to be an additional tax of $15.2 billion over the next 10 years.
• An unelected board of 15 bureaucrats having the ability to deny health care to senior citizens
• Violates religious conscience: 43 Catholic organizations – including the University of Notre Dame – have sued the U.S. Dept. of HHS over mandates regarding contraception that conflict with the moral teachings of those organizations.
The tax increases in the health care legislation reverses a trend of federal tax cuts and represent the first significant tax increases since 1993. For the sake of our families, Republicans are outraged and are mobilizing for a 2010 redux...for our LIBERTY! We have learned that Congress has no right to force us to purchase something we don't want to purchase; but Congress has a right to tax...and tax...and tax us into tyranny. If liberty is our goal, the Supreme Court has failed its people.
As I have already stated, "If elected, I will fight inch by inch in defense of the Constitution to Repeal and Replace Obamacare."
U.S. Congress Candidate
Bergmann For Congress Campaign
Brenda Fowler - Sr. Communications Director
Unsubscribe from Future Mailings.
Update your Preferences.
Didn't sign up for this? Report it .